At Hersch Pediatric Dentistry, we offer several orthodontic treatments for teens, as well as younger children.
Invisalign Teen is for those who may feel self-conscious about wearing metal braces, especially for important social occasions such as prom, school photos and more. As your Newport Beach orthodontist, we want you to make informed decisions, so we’ve included an overview of the Invisalign system and how it works below.
Benefits of Invisalign Teen
Invisalign Teen offers several benefits for wearers. They can correct crowded or overly spaced teeth, as well as overbites, underbites, and crossbites. Since you remove them to eat and drink, there are no food limitations, and their clear composition makes them nearly invisible. In addition, there are no wires, brackets or metal and their customized fit delivers maximum comfort.
Ins and Outs of Daily Wear
Invisalign Teen is a series of upper and lower aligner sets that are customized to fit your teen’s teeth. Each set of progressive aligners is worn for about two weeks, gently working to move teeth into the correct position.
Treatment includes the following steps:
- Wear aligners throughout the day and night
- Remove only for eating, drinking, flossing and brushing
- Visit our office for checkups every eight to 10 weeks
- Treatment typically takes between six and 24 months
Designed for Teen Lifestyle
- Wear indicators: Blue dots on the aligners fade with wear. This helps ensure they are worn for the allotted time each day.
- Replacements: Six free replacements are included, in case they get lost or chewed by the family dog.
- Growth: The Invisalign Teen system is designed to adjust with a teen’s growing mouth.
Contact Your Newport Beach Orthodontist Today!
For more information about Invisalign Teen or another treatment, visit Hersch Pediatric Dentistry in Newport Beach. Call 949-644-0611 or use our online form to schedule a consultation today.